Welcome to All India Jat Heroes’ Memorial College, Rohtak .One of the most prestigious institution of higher learning. This historic college was established in 1994 to commemorate all those Jat Heroes’ , Known and Unknown ,who laid down their lives in the cause of justice and democracy in the second world war and with noble objectives to eradicate illiteracy ,ignorance and pernicious social evils through the spread of enlightened , progressive and value oriented education. In this eventful journey of seventy five years, the college has taken progressive initiatives to mature into a vibrant centre of excellence.
This renowned library of All India Jat Heroes’ Memorial College contains more than 64297 books almost all sort of topics under 15000 different titles , 12 newspapers ,50 journals, 38 magazines. Besides this weekly ,fortnightly and periodicals are under the approach of students and staff members.
Everyday more than 200 books are issued to students. The library has a dedicated team of seven members to look after the library.
About the library
Lieutenant Rakesh Sharma Memorial Library is double-storeyed building well stocked with over 64297 books, 50 National Journals and E-Journals. It is fully automated with OPAC. The twenty terminus computer lab with internet facility provides easy accession to subscribed journals and periodicals of national and international repute. Separate reading rooms cater to the scholastic needs of the faculty, post graduate, under graduate students exclusively.
Services provided by the library
- Circulation of documents
- Book – Bank service
- Reference service
- Inter library loan
- Documentation service
- Current awareness service
- Selective dissemination of information
- Newspaper clippings
- Reprography and Printing
- Electronic Resource Management package for e-Journals
- Federated searching tools to search articles in multiple databases
- Library website
- In house/Remote access to e-publications
- Library automation
- Total number of computers for public access
- Total number of printers for public access
- Internet bandwidth -10 mbps
- Institutional Repository
- Content management system for e-learning
- Participation in resource sharing network/consortia(like Inflibnet)
- 5000+ e-journals(including current issues + 10 years back files and 1000000+e-books
- Maximum of two library books to UG and three books to PG students can be issued .Reference books will not be issued.
- Library books can only be issued only for fourteen day with library tickets and identity cards
- Books must be returned on or before due date. In case of any delay fine of one rupee per day per book will be imposed.
- Magazines (excluding those for current month/week) may also be issued for two days. Fine will be imposed in any delay in returning magazines/periodicals.
- Students are not permitted to take books outside the library without being issued.
- Identity card of students issued by library cannot be used by another student. Students must immediately inform librarian in case identity card is lost.
- Students themselves will be responsible for the books issued on their library card. They have to pay in any kind of damage to books. The damage will have to be compensated for either in cash or with a new book.
- In case a book is lost by student , he/she must inform the librarian.
- A dignified silence must be maintained in the library.
- All the books must be returned before final exams.
- Entry of students in the library is allowed only with identity card.
Rules for students
- Listen to the librarian.
- Inquire if you need help.
- Be respectful to others.
- Always walk never run.
- Place books to the proper place.
Books Care Rules
- Handle all books with care.
- Always use a book mark.
- Be responsible and return books on time.
- Keep your book neat and clean.
|Working hours daily||8:30 AM -3:30 PM|
|Before Examination days||8:30 AM -3:30 PM|
|During examination days||8:30 AM -3:30 PM|
|Vacations||8:30 AM -3:30 PM|
|Dr Ravi Dev (Convener)|
|Dr. Dilbag Kadiyan|
|Sh. Dayanand Malik|
|Dr. Sunita Dhull|
|Dr. Meetu Bharti|
|Dr. Usha Chillar|
|Pragati (M.Sc. Student)|
|Arun (M.Sc Student)|